Friday, July 30, 2010

What exactly does baby powder do for babies? is it just for freshness?

it DOES NOT prevent diaper rash. it causes diaper rash! i use it to keep my sons numerous fat rolls from smellinglike poop. i never saw the point until he plumped up... i bathe him everyday, but those rolls don't allow any air circulation, so the powder keeps him fresh.





so yes, it is just to keep him fresh.What exactly does baby powder do for babies? is it just for freshness?
my babys doctor recommended me not to use it on her because she can get asthma because of the inhalation.What exactly does baby powder do for babies? is it just for freshness?
Talcum powder is not recommended any more. But cornstarch, which is what many baby powders are made of, is fine to use, and can help keep a baby dry and comfortable during the hot, sticky days of summer.
Makes the skin feel smooth and powder absorbs moisture also





I generally just put some of the powder in my children's diaper so they don't inhale it so they can have that extra fresh smell
Nope, it helps to dry up sweat and urine so the baby has less of a chance of getting diaper rash... but it cakes and it's messy so I don't use it, I just change her diaper a lot. (And it's an added unnecessary expense.)
It's for freshness, but it's bad for their lungs. Doctors are recommending not to use it anymore.
baby powder makes an impermeable layer in the skin of teh baby that isolate the humidity caused by the diaper or the sweating.
i HAVE TWO BABIES 16 MONTHS AND THREE MONTHS AND I NEVER USE BABY POWDER. BECAUSE I WAS TOLD IT COULD CAUSE (IN GIRLS) A YEAST INFECTION, SO I NEVER USE IT. BUT ITS USES IS TO LOCK MOISTURE AWAY FROM THE SKIN JUST LIKE VASELINE.BUT IT SMELLS FRESH. I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE PUT IT IN THEIR SHOES TO KEEP THEIR FEET FROM STINKING AND USING IT LIKE A DEODERANT.
it suppose to get them dry and fresh at the same time. i barely use it on my baby because it kept her too dry and she has very very dry skin. so i just used it on her clothes. it works just as well. and lotioned her down real good.
It helps prevent diaper rash!! And it smells good... Don't put a whole bunch on and it shouldn't be messy. I use it all the time and we have no messy problems with it. I would say it is a MUST HAVE! It also helps clear rash's quicker! ALSO Baby Magic lotion is good to put on the bottoms to prevent and clear rash's. I alway's put lotion and then powder on my 18 month old after bath's and use powder during the day... It really helps Put powder in diaper before you put it on baby, don't sprinkle on baby because it is bad for their lungs if they breath in to much powder dust. Just be careful in how you use it and it won't be a problem.
it also keeps them dryer when their in a wet diaper, i apply a%26amp;d ointment to my baby's bum if he's going to be in his diaper awhile. if u use it make sure it contains cornstarch not talc.

No comments:

Post a Comment