Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you use powder when changing baby?

I've been using powder on my 6 month old at each diaper change since she was 4 months (when she got a bad rash) My mom suggested it because it would help absorb her urine when she went.Do you use powder when changing baby?
I don't see any reason not to use powder at each diaper change


(however let me qualify that answer)





I would NOt use talcum powder as it has been said that it can have health problems from prolonged exposure. It is also said to be a contributor to asthma when it is inhaled often enough.





That is why most companies have switch from talcum to cornstarch which is the better healthier choice. Cornstarch powder looks the same, feels the same and smells the same as talcum powder, but with way less possible health side effects.Do you use powder when changing baby?
Nope. We've never routinely used any type of rash prevention (cream, Vaseline, baby powder etc). I used rash cream maybe twice when he was just a couple of months old because he would get a rash right on the inside of his legs because of his chub rolls, but that's about it. He did have a random rash a couple of months ago that I powdered before bed, and it helped a bit, but now that we've changed wipes brands his rash is better.





I guess I've always figured that if I'm changing diapers as often as I should, the pee isn't going to be there long enough to cause any problems.
My daughter's pediatrician told me not to use powders. She recommended that I put Vaseline on her at every changing. My baby kept diaper rash all the time until I changed brands. Pampers seem to work a little better than Huggies, and her rash isn't as bad anymore. Maybe try changing diaper brands. It also helps to use a warm, wet, washcloth when changing them, and letting them air dry. Going without a diaper for as long as possible really works. Hope this helps!
yeh its good to use it. but probably not all the time cos it might give her thrush. just every couple of nappies. i use it when my boy does poos to get rid of the smell lol
I always did and still do. My 4 yr old son still wears a diaper at night for bed wetting and I use powder every night when I diaper him. I think it helps especially at night when they spend more time in a wet diaper.
I have always used the johnson and johnson with corn starch in it at each diaper change and it really seems to help with moisture control.
i never used it with either one of my kids. Their doctor told me not to. She said it can cause infection. I never had a problem with them getting rashes. Maybe two or three times ever.
No, I've actually heard it isn't recommended anymore due to health hazards.
be sure to sprinkle it and not puff


puffing the powder causes it to cloud around the baby


and too much inhaled can cause asthma





I've always prefered alittle Destin cream to prevent diaper rash
i dont use powder and never have. my pediatrician said it can actually cause diaper rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment