Wednesday, July 28, 2010

When Can I put baby powder?

My son has a little rashes down his bottom. I want to know when is the right time to put it. He's 5 days old.When Can I put baby powder?
you should be having an appointment soon like at one or two weeks old, just change him more often, and there should be no need for anything but water and air drying.When Can I put baby powder?
You can start now....just make sure he doesnt breathe it in. There is liquid baby powder...you usually can find it at walmart or target. - that's what i used and it really helped!


I would try beudroux's butt paste...or some destin cream also. They work really good on rashes. And change him as soon as he pees. With a rash, his bottom is very sensative and it might burn to let the diaper ';fill up.';....and on the other hand...he could just have sensative skin period. Hope this helps.
I put baby powder on my little girl every time I change her diaper.
just use a bit of vaseline on his bottom. Some babies are allergic to certain types of disposable diapers so if it keeps up, talk to the doctor about it because you might have to switch diapers.
I use the desitin creamy, I love it, my 3 yr old is prone to rashes and I change his diaper constantly...I have used baby powder, but when you do put it in your hand first, away from baby's face then wipe it on.
baby powder is no longer recommended for use on infants. However, if you are desperate and need to use it use the roller ball kind.. not the kind that poofs up. It causes asthma, breathing problems and much more!





Destin always does the trick for our little one.. talk to you pedi.. call them before you do anything. Dont take anyone advice on here with your little precious cargo without getting your own docs opinion.
Baby powder isn't recommended because it can be inhaled. Try using some diaper rash ointment or just some plain vaseline after you've wiped him off and dried him. Shouldn't take long to clear it up!





Best of luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment