Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is it true that baby powder keeps ants away???

There are ants all over my dogs kennel ( on the gate) and they get into their food and dog houses. My friends told me baby powder would work. Is that true?Is it true that baby powder keeps ants away???
I do believe that baby powder has properties that keep not only ants away, but also mosquitosIs it true that baby powder keeps ants away???
You know, it makes sense to me. I will try that.





As far as, using baby powder for mosquitos, how does that work? Someone suggested that.


Do you sprinkle baby powder on your skin??





These were interesting answers, thanks.
well i say hell no
I raise dogs (Australian Shepherds) and I use marking chalk, you know the kind used on a baseball infield. Works great, non toxic, doesn't have an odor. Try a local sporting goods store. I don't know about baby powder, but couldn't hurt to give it a try....
I've never tried baby powder, but I believe it will work.





Another thing I remember being suggested to repel ants is vinegar- and I *know* that works, at least inside. I spray it where I see the ant trails, and they don't come that way any more.
I'm having the same problem thank u all ill try it.
thanks,i was looking for that too
Yes baby powder kills ants. Ants breathe through their feet and when they step in the powder it sticks to their feet and smothers them. Just sprinkle it around the perimeter of the dog kennel. We use it all of the time.
YEAH!! I am going to try this one -- thanks everyone!!!
yes
I am not sure about baby powder, I have never tried that, but my dog had ants around his kennel outside also, and I did an outline on the outside with reg. table salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment