Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you put baby powder on your baby?

Yes. I put it under his neck to absorb the moisture because he is always drooling and will get red lines on his neck from it. But, as soon as I started putting powder on him the lines went away.Do you put baby powder on your baby?
I use it everytime. If it cloged pores and got in their lungs and blah blah blah..it wouldn't be called BABY powder. If it was really soo bad why would they sell it for so long. The news pretty much lets you know about everything little thing wrong with ANYTHING in the world.. haven't heard anything about baby powder yet. Seriously people.. yall are way too paranoid. If I had to wear a diaper all the time I would want something in it like baby powderin it to keep it from rubbing. Plus.. it's not like you pour it all in their face. Be careful when you put it on them and make sure it doesn't go everywhere.. and you wont have to worry about anything.Do you put baby powder on your baby?
dont have my own, but i do have a nephew. u really do need to be careful with the particals. one time i was babysiting him and i changed his diper. it was the firt time id ever done it and i went to put baby powder on him, i shook the bottle to get it to come out and it went Poof! and covered his entire face! eyes, nose, and mouth. i was freaking out. luckily i got him cleaned off before he suffocated or something.
aside from the lungs issue, talc/powder isn't good in general as it gets trapped in folds of skin and thrush can grow in it. this is also why slapping on the nappy cream too thickly without wiping the folds of skin clean can cause thrush.
When she doesn't have diaper rash, its what I use to keep it away (minus the other factors such as peaches and antibiotics of course). I put some of it on my hand than pat it gently on because if you just squirt it on you get powder in the air and your baby can breath it in, which is obviously not healthy.
Yes. Despite what alot of people say, most baby powders on the market now do NOT contain talc and are mostly cornstarch to absorb the moisture. Check the ingredients on the bottle. If you can't find one without talc and alot of perfumes, try a natural/health food store. If I don't use powder on her bum she gets a rash,
No. I'd actually purchased some before she got here, but at the hospital the nurses said that they weren't allowed to use powder and didn't recommend that I use it either. Basically saying that the powder could get into the baby's lungs.
You know, I actually thought this was a joke


at first since you have a doggy on there


instead of a baby. I was going to put


no, I have animals and I don't put baby


powder on them. Whoa, some people


are touchy when you say you don't have


children. Ah, well.
Some times but it gets to dry now i use lotion and he seems to be more happy. When he goes to his mommy it's more smoother and feels better... And when he throws up all over the place it smells more like flowers instead of fresh cut grass!! Thank You
I agree...never use powder....not good for babys or your lungs...ummmmmmmmm ya moms used to think it was ok to smoke and they never put there kids in car seats...times change ...being willing to learn new things is a big part of being a mom......
my kidsa are not babies any more but I never put talc or any other product on them.I used only warm water and sometimes a bit of baby soap if needed and they had beautiful skin no spots or rashes I think people put too much crap on babies skin totally unecessary
I use baby powder when the weather is hot to keep prickly heat away but not on bottoms as it really does nothing. Never shake it on the baby tho- put it in your hand and dispense that way.
No, I never used baby powder. You have to be careful that they don't inhale the fine particles.
No, I heard that babies can inhale the small particles of talc and he also never got any nappy rash anyway so I couldn't see the point.
Yes I do, after I bathe her, I put some on before the diaper to soak up the moisture..
not all the time. usually first thing in the morning. i use the cornstarch kind, not talc
Never - it's bad for their lungs. Dry your baby off with a towel; it's not difficult.
I love Baby powder. Not only do I use it on my children but my self as well.
No, It is not needed and can clog pores and cause irritation.
no actually i don't i use desitin for diaper rash that's it.
No, never. its unnecessary and isnt good for the little babies lungs.
never...never have, never will.
ya on his bum. but i like it in my older baby's shoes.
No, too messy.
No, never have.
nope.
nope
Personally I don't like the idea of using powders, especially on a baby.


The tiny particles can be inhaled, rest in the eyes, or block skin pores.


I never used powder on my daughter when she was a baby (and her bottom was as soft as a baby's bottom)! lol
I don't own a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment