Friday, July 30, 2010

Baby powder and lung problems?

I have a 2 month old and I've been using baby powder on her at each diaper change. A friend of mine told me yesterday to stop using it b/c it causes asthma and problems with lungs. So I stopped but I don't know what to use now. Should I just wipe her bottom with wipes and leave it just like that or should I be putting a different product? Please advice.Baby powder and lung problems?
There's no need for powder. Just wipe her and put the diaper on. If she develops a rash, then use some Balmex, Desitin, or Butt Paste.Baby powder and lung problems?
They say it gets particles in the air and they inhale them. However if you are careful and do not shake it up and make a huge cloud it should be fine. I use some occasonally on my baby when her bum look like it has been a little too wet. Like when she has a really wet diaper. Also giving your baby time with out a diaper is good it gives her but time to breath. Just put a diaper or something you do not mind getting wet under her.
It depends on her skin, but if it is clean and not irritated you don't need to put anything on it. My daughter never got diaper rash. If her bottom is irritated try a diaper cream, but only use it when needed. Sometime letting the bottom air is the best thing. Keep her diaper off for a little while when you're someplace that she can pee without creating a problem.
just don't use the ones with talc





use the baby powder with cornstarch


or even I've heard just use cornstarch
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment