Friday, July 30, 2010

What can I mix powder with in a bottle for breastfed baby?

I want to give my son some probiotics that come in a powder form. But he is breastfed so I don't know how to do this. I could pump and give it to him with breastmilk but I would only want to do this once a day at most. I would like to give this powder to him more often to help him deal with gas and tummy issues.





Any ideas what to mix the powder with so that he will take it?What can I mix powder with in a bottle for breastfed baby?
I wouldn't give a baby anything without speaking to his/her pediatrician first. If your doctor is okay with the supplements, he/she will let you know how to mix them.What can I mix powder with in a bottle for breastfed baby?
I would ask your doctor about this. Breastmilk is naturally filled with probiotics! Its is probably not necessary to add more probiotics. Babies will have a lot of fussiness and gas, mine sure did, and he was breastfed and had some formula on occasion. Have you tried feeding him more often? Sometimes they are more gassy because they are so hungry at each feeding that they eat too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment