Monday, July 26, 2010

Is it OK to treat diaper rash with cornstarch baby powder?

i heard it gives an infection =/Is it OK to treat diaper rash with cornstarch baby powder?
Powders do nothing to heal diaper rash and as was said, can cause an infection in baby girls. I'd recommend hydrocortisone 1% for a diaper rash.Is it OK to treat diaper rash with cornstarch baby powder?
My mom used vaseline with my siblings and I, and I use it for my son. It works great.
I love using Boudreaux's Butt Paste, you can find it at walmart or target, and it works wonders!!!





The constarch thing is ok, but I was always under the impression that it doesn't actually get rid of the diaper rash.
Diaper creams that have Zinc Oxide in them are very effective. I also found that Lansinoh is great, and provides a long lasting barrier (wonderful for use at night) and seems to help with the healing better than anything else I have tried.
Nope, it doesn't give infections. It's been accepted as a use for diaper rash for many years.
for girls it can give an infection if it gets between her vaginal lips, i wouldnt use the powder to treat the rash just to help prevent the rash. i use baby vasiline everytime i change my sons diaper and the powder after his baths and hes six months old and only had a rash twice so i think it works pretty good.
I was told by my pediatrician not to use powders because they can cause infections and also my baby has asthma and its best to keep powders away.
I don't know about it giving the baby an infection, but I would NOT use it for a diaper rash. You need to moisturize it not dry it up. After cleaning the baby's bum, let him/her air-dry for a few then before putting on the diaper, lube him up with lots of cream, weather its Desitin, A %26amp; D, Butt Paste or whatever cream you use. Reapply it every time you change the diaper. At first, I used Desitin just because that's what my mom used on me, etc. Then when my son was about 5 months old he got the only diaper rash he's ever had (long car ride from NYC to Boston) %26amp; a friend suggested Butt Paste %26amp; I loved it %26amp; have used it ever since.





Give it a try. Good luck %26amp; I hope baby's bum feels better soon!!!
I used it cornstarch baby powder %26amp; desitin both at the same time worked good.
Try Neosporin. I use it once I see something, and wala, bam, gone.
use corona (not the beer) Can find in pharmacy or a place like atwoods.
It's fine and much, much healthier than talc! Using all-natural products is great for your skin and your baby's. I hope your little one feels better soon!
if it is wet, make it dry (cornstarch powder). if it is dry make it wet (A and D ointment). if neither works, try corisone.

No comments:

Post a Comment