Monday, July 26, 2010

Is baby powder a good deodorizer?

Just out of habit (i always saw my grandmother do this) I sprinkle baby powder onto my mattress and sheets when I make the bed as well as sprinkling baby powder onto my carpet before I vacuum. I've recently been sprinkling some baby powder into my garbage can when I take out the trash and before I put a new bag in.





Does baby powder really act as a deodorizer or am I just believing in an old wives tip?Is baby powder a good deodorizer?
No - baby powder works - it's also a good deodorizer for shoes and the vacuum cleanerIs baby powder a good deodorizer?
Talcum powder can be used to soak up some oily spots.





It wouldn't surprise me a bit if talcum powder on sheets would absorb dampness, making us feel less sticky in a hot, humid environment. In an air-conditioned house, this probably wouldn't be necessary, but because air-conditioners use so much electricity, Global Warming may force us to use other ways (like your grandmother's) to keep cool!





Baby powder is powdered talc (a very soft mineral) which has usually been scented. Because breathing in talc is not good for one's lungs, many people prefer baby powder with baking soda in it. Baking soda has the reputation of absorbing smells.





I don't like the idea of breathing in a lot of talcum powder from my sheets, but its other uses seem harmless ....





I'm quite sure you'd get more effective cleaning and disinfection by sprinkling your garbage can with baking soda. Add air freshener, crushed lavender, baby powder or whatever for a smell you like.





This 'old wife' (almost 60) hasn't heard this tip before.
I also sprinkle Baby Powder on My Carpeting before I vacumn. I live in a One Room Studio Apartment for 10 Plus Years now %26amp; it has ALWAYS worked for Me. My apartment always smells nice. People have complimented Me on the Fresh Smell when They come to visit.
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment