Friday, July 30, 2010

A question about baby powder?

I've heard on that one show the Doctors that baby powder is really bad for babies because of the talcum powder. What is there to use instead, or should I just not use anything? I cut this out from a website too..





Talcum powder contains a substance similar in composition to asbestos, and some studies have linked the use of talcum powder to increased incidence of ovarian cancer. Accidentally inhaling it can lead to serious respiratory problems or even death.A question about baby powder?
As long as you don't use it on a little girl (it can cause yeast infection) and are sensible about it -- obviously you shouldn't pour it in a baby's face!











my husband uses it on our son but I hate it. It causes a big mess. One time my son got a hold of the bottle and squirted it in his face. He is JUST FINE. alive and well. He thought it was funny.


I just use Balmex or Aveeno cream to prevent rashes and it works just fine.A question about baby powder?
That stuff is atrocious! There honestly is no need to use anything at all, like stated above just take time and care in making sure that your childs bottom is thoroughly dry and there shouldn't be any reason for complication. Honestly I view that stuff as just another baby marketing ploy to get you to buy things that are unnecessary, but that's just me. Hope this helps ya girl!! GOD BLESS!!
I know some people have replaces baby powder with corn starch. It is suppose to be healthier for babies. I personally dont use either and my 13 month old son has never gotten a diaper rash or any problems at all.
It's really not necessary. Just make sure your baby's bottom is dry before placing a diaper on it and use rash cream overnight or for rashes.
i have never heard of baby powder killing a child. i use it on my 1 year old still and he feels softer and smells better.
We don't use it, and don't have any problems.
johnson's makes corn starch baby powder. If not, plain old cornstarch if fine!

1 comment:

james brownn said...

Yes i am totally agreed with article and i want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your
blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
talcum powder cancer

Post a Comment