Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mixing formula powder with baby food?

I was told that if my baby won't take his bottle and doesn't get enough formula during the day I should just mix the dry formula powder with the baby food and that is the equivalent of getting the right amount of formula from a bottle. Is this accurate? Has anyone ever done this?Mixing formula powder with baby food?
you cant mix the powder in, but say your making rice, mix 2 oz of powder fourmula to warm water like normal, then mix the formula to the rice to make ceral instead of water... you can do that..





but you cant take powder formula and mix it dry with green beans...Mixing formula powder with baby food?
No I wouldnt advise that either. If your pediatrician told you this switch pediatricians. I dont know why your baby wont take a bottle, thats strange. When Jake wouldnt take his noo noo i put a little bit of sugar on the end of it. (He still wont take it) but maybe if you put a little sugar on the nipple it could help?? Idk the circumstances or babys age.
The doctors say not to do that, also don't put sugar on it either. If your baby isn't eating there's a reason. Maybe his (her) belly hurts, or she (he) doesn't like his formula. Or it could be something else. I would take your baby to the pediatrician.
I have never heard of anyone doing this either, I would not suggest doing it. Did your child's pediatrician tell you to do that? If not I would definitely talk to a doctor about this first. It does not seem like a good idea to me.
No I wouldnt advice that, Formula powder is concentrated and should not be mixed with food only water. I have never ever heard of anyone doing this.
I would ask your Doctor. It just sounds like your baby would need more.

No comments:

Post a Comment