Monday, August 23, 2010

Which is better? Baby lotion, baby powder, or baby oil?

Please include you personal reasons. Thanks.Which is better? Baby lotion, baby powder, or baby oil?
oil is to hard to put on the baby (it runs and then is hard to get off of your hands) Power has been said to be a ';danger'; facter because babies can inhale it and choke (when I mention this to my parents or other parents around the same age they laugh at me because they said they all used powder... ) I think lotion is the easiest and the best. I can put it on my son and whatever is left over on my hands I just rub into my skin. I personally like the Johnson's lavender because I find it soothing! Which is better? Baby lotion, baby powder, or baby oil?
For what purpose?





Baby lotion can be useful (and smells nice) if baby has dry skin.





Baby powder isnt' necessary, and can be risky. If you DO opt to use it, be sure to shake it into your hand and pat gently on baby's bottom. (You don't want big clouds of it in the air for baby to inhale.) Be aware too that there may be a connection between talcum powder use and certain times of female cancers in girls -- so take that into account when making your decision.





Baby oil is rarely a good idea. Being pure oil, it clogs the pores and can be very irritating. (Many babies (and adults) get a mild rash from it. Not sure if it's due to the oil itself or the scent.)
Baby oil is gross and not good for babies skin. Baby powder is bad for babies lungs (I've never used it per doctor's recommendation


), I use unscented Mustela Stelatopia Cream for my son. Love it!


Edit: I was told cornstarch can grow fungus and mold on a babies bottom and not to use that either. As long as you have good diapers and change them regularly you shouldn't have any probs. My son is almost 4 months and has never had a diaper rash.
Lotion. Baby oil is mineral oil, bad for baby's skin. Powder is bad b/c they can inhale it, and that's bad for their lungs. Try for a lotion with no mineral oil. The more natural the better. If you use powder, use cornstarch powder. It's better than talc.
Lotion on baby's whole body, b/c it moisturizes and it smells REALLY good!


Powder for baby's butt - b/c it has cornstarch in it to help prevent diaper rash.


I never used baby oil on my kids unless they had cradle crap, then I used it to get the flakes off their heads!



Baby lotion -- great for baby's skin.





I don't like or use baby oil other than to get rid of cradle cap, and I read somewhere that baby powder should no longer be used. I want to say it had something to do with the residual dust being dangerous to baby.
Baby lotion! Baby oil is very dangerous, if a child swallows it, the oil coats their lungs and it is impossible to treat and the baby then suffocates. Not a chance I'd be willing to take.
i dont which is better but i use lotion. i heard baby powder shouldnt be used anymore i forgot why. and i feel baby oil is to oily and greasy. so i just use lotion johnson and johnson
Baby lotion. I hate the feeling of baby powder and baby oil scares me with the slipperyness and I don't want my baby looking oily.
I personally like baby lotion. Baby oil is too greasy to me. I don't like baby powder blowing everywhere.
baby lotion is wot i use coz it quickly absorbs in the skin and oil makes ur baby freasy, powder can choke up ur childif realy young
I dont use any, his skin is new and soft and smells good anyway.
lotion...i never really use oil or powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment