Monday, August 23, 2010

What are some safe baby powders and where can I get them?

Ok well I just told my uncle about how baby powders are toxic if they contain talc. He has a 2 year old daughter and a newborn son and he uses baby powder on both of them. He wants to know whats a good name brand and where he can get it.What are some safe baby powders and where can I get them?
It's easiest and safest to not use powder at all. I have never used powder on either of my nine-month-old twins.





The point of powder is to dry the baby's skin completely. This is useful if you are in a hurry, but it's not necessary.





After changing or bathing a baby, pat them dry with a clean towel or cloth. Then, play pat-a-cake or peekaboo before you put your baby's clothes back on.





This gives their skin a little more time to dry thoroughly.





You can use cornflour instead of talc powder, but I have heard that this can make any thrush infection worse. If the baby does not have thrush, it's probably fine.What are some safe baby powders and where can I get them?
They also say that the fine particles can get in the baby's lungs, so my doctor suggests not using baby powder. They do have baby powder in a cream form if that helps.
From what I've been told from the hospital, pediatrician and websites - no powder is good to use on babies. See this information: http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-use-baby-powder-on-my-baby_1519559.bc
Huggies makes Liquid Baby Powder.





Get it at walmart or kmart or target. Maybe even Walgreens or CVS.
Johnson and Johnsons... you can get this at walmart or even cheaper places like dollar generals or dollar tree..
Ive never used powder on my son, just desitin...
My doctor says not to use them because they get into the lungs. All powders are basically the same though.

No comments:

Post a Comment