Monday, August 23, 2010

Is baby powder is bad?

I was just answering a question about baby powder and cream and i noticed that some were saying that baby powder is bad...now I am a little concerned because I used the baby powder on my daughters neck and her underarms to make sure they are nice an dry so no yeast infection. She had one once and after I started using it-she doesnt anymore. So I am thinking I am going to stop using it-but what else can I use to dry it off...just a towel?Is baby powder is bad?
Hi yes it's bad! I answered that other mommy of Alex question to.I still use it, but in moderation. Put a little in your hand and then gently dab it on don't let it become a puffy cloud. When i went to college and worked in a nursing home full of nurses and doctors they all say it's bad and led to cervical cancer and lung problems they completely bannned it from the home! The cornstarch idea sounds like it might be good idea eh? I'm gonna try that i've been struggling with this to b/c it seems like a towel just doesn't get them dry enough. My girl had a red rash under her little arm pit and neck to. Since i started the powder it never happened again. Maybe now that it's winter and not sweaty summer they don't need it as often. Anyways cornstarch it is! Good luck!Is baby powder is bad?
i heard it was bad if you smoother them in it, it can get to their lungs if they breathe it in and possibly cause choking.


i doubt youre doing it like that, as youre applying it so close to her face, so i wouldnt worry.


you can get liquid talc, it goes like a cream and drys like talc, so it gets rid of any choking danger. xxx
I've heard that baby powder is bad because it's similar somehow to asbestos in what it does to the lungs. You can use plain cornstarch instead of powder. It works as well and there's no health risk to using it.
Baby powder that is made with talcum can cause irritated lungs and is associated with an increase in genital cancers, in particular the ovaries and lungs.





Corn starch based powder is not toxic and just as effective.
It's a problem if the baby is breathing it in.


If you are puttin it on her neck, just put it on your hand first..away from her face, so the dust doesnt get inhaled by her.
I heard to be cautious with it since if there's alot ';blew'; into the air the baby can breathe it and get into their lungs... who knows though, it's been around forever and I've never heard of it causing anyone problems.
Most pediatricians will tell you not to use baby power on infants or small children because it increases the liklihood of a yeast infection. Just use the towel and be sure to get them thouroughly dry.
you can by baby powder that is pure cornstarch. thats what we always used. it still smells like baby powder.
cornstarch powder is best, but I dont use any on my baby at all. Never really saw too much of a need for it.
Use it on her neck and her back.





Her neck, her back...
Just make sure it is cornstarch and not Talc.
ive heard that it can cause cervical cancer.
  • blue makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment