Monday, August 23, 2010

Baby powder is harmful to babies?

I just heard that baby powder harms babies! I've been using it on my two month old baby for a while now. Have I caused alot of damage already...I stopped using it as soon as I heard but I'm worried as to what kind of damage I've caused so far???Baby powder is harmful to babies?
Yes, esp. if it contains talc and if the baby inhaled it. If you caused damage you would have noticed as this would have caused an adverse reaction to the baby's lungs.Baby powder is harmful to babies?
I've never heard of that. However, i could see how inhailing it since it kind of goes up into a big puff when you use it, could be unhealthy. Hun, don't worry about it too much. People have been using baby powder on babies for a veeerrry long time and thus far, I haven't heard of any baby having any complications do to baby powder. As long as you've already stopped, and will not use it again, the baby will be fine. If you see anything unusual or if you have any further concerns, contact the baby's doc ASAP. Good luck with everything and congrats!! =]
The old, traditional baby powder is actually talc, which is related to asbestos and may be associated with some types of cancers. Baby powder has been reformulated and now contains cornstarch instead, which is perfectly safe. As long as you are not using a container that's years old (and probably still talc), you're fine.
As far as I know it is only harmful if the baby breathes in the powder. So you don't want to be getting it all in the air for that to happen.





Of course, this would be true of anything powdery. You wouldn't want to get flour or powdered sugar all in the air that the baby would be breathing in.
It's only harmful if the baby inhales the powder. If you use it carefully and make sure that it doesn't poof out everywhere, then it's fine. But if you're uncomfortable with the risk just use diaper rash cream instead.
NO WAY! why do u think they call it BABY powder i know i use to think that to but then i serched it up and its called baby powder for a reason they help take away rashes from babies and ur baby probily got it because she/he might of breathed it in
I've never heard that so I'll have to look out. I use desitin for my daughter if she has a diaper rash and works wonders! Give desitin a try if your child has a rash. Good luck!
we used baby powder on both of our kids when they were born and now they are 13 and 11 years old.nothing ever happened to them.as a matter of fact they are both on the honor roll.unless the baby powder made them smart?
Honey, if baby powder harmed babies, then 99% of us wouldn't be here today! I use it occasionally in my daughter's diaper, and by God's grace, she's still alive and well!
im sure your child is okay ppl have been using powder forever but its good that you stopped i didn't no that either why does johnson%26amp;johnson even make it if its dangerous if your worried you can always consult a doctor
Use cornstarch powder, not talc. Talc is a mineral and has asbestos in it. They don't add it, it's there naturally.
No it doesn't. Think about how long people have been using it. My mom used it on me and I have nothing wrong with me. Its just a myth.
It's only if you make it poof and powder goes everywhere in the air around the baby because then they inhale it.
I think you are hearing about talcum powder, which used to be in baby powder but is not now.
Uhh no he's fine, we all were once covered in baby powder when we were babies and were fine. gosh
That is hogwash. I raised 5 children on powdered baby formula and they are healthy as horses and smart as whips.
  • blue makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment