Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do you actually use baby powder? If so, what for?

I'm due in 6 days with a baby girl and I have Vaseline and zinc oxide cream for diaper rash, but I don't have any baby powder. Do you really have to put cream on them and powder? Wouldn't that just goop up the powder? If you have to, in what order do you do it?





Just curious...i think I would feel like my baby is a cake pan that needs to be greased and floured. :)Do you actually use baby powder? If so, what for?
I have some, but rarely use it, I just do vaseline, unless he starts showing some redness then use zincofax. I did however use the powder on his heat rash he developed, it keeps moisture at bay, it seemed to work for that, also if you use cheaper diapers that dont absorb as well, it can help to absorb more.Do you actually use baby powder? If so, what for?
i use the diaper rash ointment mostly at night b/c she will have more exposure for a longer period of time at night.but the rest of the time it's mostly after she poops i sprinkle baby powder in her diaper then put it on.or after i give her a bath i put it all over her like lotion.congrats on the beautiful baby on the way.





p.s.it won't be caked on b/c i was worried a/b that 2.and i tried that the other day and it wasn't.lol.
I use it like this:





If you have a spill on furniture of a mattress then I dump hydrogen peroxide on it if its biological to help clean it or some other cleaner. Then dump baby powder or corn starch to suck the water out. Let it dry and then vacuum it up. Works great even draws out stains.





In theory talc can contain asbestos (naturally occurring contamination), but corn starch is just as bad to breathe in.
I only use some powder, by itself, during the daytime. Lately, I've been using the A+D ointment for nighttime when baby is prone to being in a wet diaper for a longer period of time. That A+D Stuff is awesome too! My little one had a little bit of a rash starting, and it cleared it right up! It keeps moisture away from the skin...that's the big reason for it's use. Good luck! (I don't think you'd need to use an ointment and powder together, I'd think that would be overkill).
i use it for my shoes- i never used it because for one it's not recommended because it can be aspirated into the lungs and also because it doesn't help anything and can breed yeast. an no you don't need to out anything on them unless they have a rash. if they have a rash the best thing to do is let them lounge around naked and if they need to have a diaper on then just some diaper cream- i use aveeno
my little girl is 1 wk 2days old, and i always put baby powder in her diaper, especially if we are going somewhere, that way, if she has a wet diaper, the powder will help keep her dry. i use A%26amp;D if she has a rash, but i still use the powder with it. hope this helps : )
No, don't use both at the same time. What you can do if the baby has a really bad rash is use the cream, and than with the next diaper change clean the area and use the powder. But like someone has already said, the powder does prevent mosture. (BUT you don't need it all the time)
I was actually told by several nurses at the hospital where I delivered to not even use baby powder because it can get into baby's lungs. Personally I have never used baby powder just because Destin works just fine for me. To prevent diaper rash I change her diaper often. I am always checking to see if she is wet or poopy.
Nah. My son was a dribbler and someone suggested putting a little powder in his neck folds to prevent a rash. But it just made them muddy.





I don't think you need baby powder at all. And anyway, people just gave me some, that's how I have it.
hello i dont use it on my baby i use just the cream it prevents and cures,sometimes u can use it so they can smell good and u dont have the cream on handy but they say that to much of powder is not good bcs the skin needs to b moisture at lease a little .
Lol @ cake pan. I use the powder because it smells so good, keeps him dry, and it's just out of habit. We use the J%26amp;J Lavender %26amp; Chamomile, it's a great smelling powder.
Hi...I don't think anyone on here can be aware of the risks...but baby powder or talc is considered vert dangerous now...google ';Baby Talc risks'; or ';Baby lungs talc'; It can cause their lungs to become clogged and there have been recorded deaths.
It's actually not good to make a habit of putting baby powder in your baby girl's diaper. It can get into her privates and make her very uncomfortable or cause infection.
Baby powder absorbs moisture. If you use it regularly chances are you won't have to use vaseline or zinc oxide cream, because it should help with preventing diaper rash.
Yea I use powder! I use it on my son's bum when I change his nappy and I use it under his arms and behind his knees and places like that that you cant dry properly after a bath!
I've always used Butt Paste, no baby powder. That's just me though.
I only use either if she starts to get red

No comments:

Post a Comment