Monday, November 21, 2011

When can i start giving my baby powdered formula?

my son will be 2 months march 7th and since the day he was born, he was on ready made formula...i was wondering when can he switch to powdered formula and if he's going to get gas...by the way he's drinking similac advanceWhen can i start giving my baby powdered formula?
actually, there is a difference- powdered formua harbors more bacteria and has more bubbles which can cause gas- its up to you- most women use powdered from the start- safest formula is ready made though its much more expensiveWhen can i start giving my baby powdered formula?
Like everyone said, you can switch at anytime. I use the ready made formula when we go on trips, but I use powdered formula otherwise. Just make sure when you start using powdered that you shake it very very well and have no chunks left in the bottle- this is what can cause gas. Sometimes my husband has to give the bottle a good shake even after I have because I can't get all of it to mix.
I gave my baby the powdered formula when he was 3 days old after I left the hospital. He was and still is perfectly fine. It should make no difference.
You can use powdered formula anytime. Just make sure you use Similac advance. I switched my daughter from liquid to powder and she had no problem.
When I talked to the public health nurse, when my son was 1 week old, she said they don't recommend powdered formula for infants under 1 month. I found that the powdered formula made my son have more gas, but his system just couldn't handle the powdered. We were finally able to give him just powdered formula at around 5 1/2 months. For your son, it will depend on his digestive system.
it does't make any diffence... my little was on liquid the switched to powder 3 days later... and he was fine
If you use the same kind of formula, only in powdered form, there should be absolutely no change to his digestive system. The only difference between ready made and powder is convenience.
Anytime is fine. My son was on the Similac Advance also %26amp; we switched him back %26amp; forth all the time.


I advise getting one of those formula mixers. It works a lot better than just shaking the bottle up. I got that advice from someone on here %26amp; wish I had used it from the first day I started on the powder.


The powder is much cheaper, so it's worth the bit of extra effort. Good luck!
they can drink it from birth, i have my 3m old daughter on Karicare. If in doubt call a midwife or your local hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment