Monday, November 21, 2011

Is it okay to use expired baby powdered formula (if it's only expired by a month or two)?

I was given 4 cans of expired baby formula from a lady at my church. They expired in November. Would you use them?Is it okay to use expired baby powdered formula (if it's only expired by a month or two)?
Well no to be honest. I think I read somewhere that the nutrients degrade over time. I don't know how fast they deteriorate but a month or two shouldn't be that bad- just not optimal. It is not worth the risk though.Is it okay to use expired baby powdered formula (if it's only expired by a month or two)?
If it is dry powder (and was kept dry) it should be ok, If it if one of those that have some moisturizing agents I would throw them away just to be sure.





Expiry dates are usually timed too early to make sure nothing will happen for sure until the product expires. Companies keep themselves safer that way.





EDIT: oh sry, if milk powder was meant, toss it. I thought you meant the stuff you use on the butt :)
is it definitely an expiry date? an expiry date you must not use after that date ... but if it was a best before date i would use it ... best before date is only a guide that's why places like right price are allowed to fuction
No, formula is usually good for a year so that formula is REALLY old. When it comes to a baby.... please do not trust that.
No I certainly would'nt,
absolutely not..
When in doubt throw it out.
no i wouldnt either,
nope... I don't believe I would.
I wouldnt you never know
No
NO
NO! please don't use them don't put your babies health at risk they may well be ok but personally i would not take the risk.
no I wouldnt sweet heart

No comments:

Post a Comment