Monday, November 21, 2011

Can I use baby powder?

My baby is newborn, I heard from a doctor that baby powder contains poisonous stuff I dunno what they are, I mean they're toxic. So, please tell me , is it safe to use baby powder. Can I use baby powder?
If baby powder was toxic to babies then it wouldn't be called BABY powder...that's what it's for. Just don't let your baby inhale it and it should be fine. I've been using it on my daughter since birth. She has sensitive skin so it helps fend away diaper rashes and it makes her smell pretty :)Can I use baby powder?
You are not supposed to use baby powder because it can travel through their nasal passages into their lungs. I do however use it I will turn away from my son and pour some in my hand and put it on that way. I have not heard anything about poisons in baby powder. If you don't feel comfortable with powder you can always buy corn starch.
Your doctor is a noob is he called baby powder toxic.





It can be harmful if they breathe too much of it in, but if you use it for its purposes only, I don't see how it is harmful.
it's only toxic if they inhale it. so dont put it on his/her face or even neck (but why would you?). some ppl put it on their baby's neck idk why but it's not recommended. I dont use baby powder bc of this risk, but thats my choice.
I talked to my daughters pediatrician about this when my daughter was born last year. I was told that it is fine to use powder on boy's, but it can cause yeast infections in girls.
Baby powder is not toxic, if it was, imagine the lawsuits!


Talc was shown to cause problems, and is no longer used in baby powder.
you can use it with care and you can buy talc free baby powder get that and youll be fine!!
I think it would b fine! i mean thats what they invented it for right...?


Dont listen to me tho...i dont have any kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment