Monday, November 21, 2011

Baby boys and baby powder?

I heard that you were not to use baby powder on boys because it can harm the boys penis or somehow infect it. Is this true??Baby boys and baby powder?
I've raised three boys, and although I have heard a lot of reasons not to use baby powder- that one is new on me. I didn't use baby powder on mine because it cakes up in all those little bitty creased parts and is a devil of a thing to clean off properly. If the little boy is uncircumcised, the powders, potions, lotions and creams can accumulate under the foreskin and cause trouble- if not scruptiously cleaned away each diaper change. That's almost impossible to do, and practically invites the chance to get ';shot'; by that unholstered iron. I don't think you need to use anything on baby tushies except diapers- which should be changed whenever needed. I used vitamin E and sunlight to combat what few rashes we had, and that worked just fine. Baby powders tend to contain talc, which they say is a respiratory irritant and can cause problems if breathed in. The perfume is not good for delicate skin, either. In the event mine developed heat rash, or prickly heat, I used cornstarch- dusted on lightly with a makeup brush I kept for that purpose alone. Although the smell of the powder is appealing, I would much prefer just smelling a clean baby, without the perfumes and clouds of powder.Baby boys and baby powder?
The reason you shouldn't use baby powder is, because it can get into the baby's lungs and may cause proplems. I use 100% cornstarch on my son( the kind you buy in the baking isle not the stuff you can get in the baby powder bottles).
My doctor, and the nurses at the hospital told me not to use baby powder near my sons penis. They said if it gets inside it can cause irritation or infection. They said it's safe to use on his butt but to just be careful not to get it near the penis. They also told me that they recommended the liquid baby powder now. Hope that helps.
Baby powder is bad for babies, boys and girls. Just don't use it, they don't even need it!
I was told never to use baby powder. On a boy or a girl. So i didn't, just be very careful to make sure that you dry in all the creases.
I never use powder or cream on my boy. And he only gets small rashes when he is teething. Very rare, thats when I use Destin. I think the diapers now days are better, and creams and stuff are not needed on a daily basis.
Never heard this, but then again I never used baby powder on my boy. Used cloth diapers, so had no trouble.
I never heard that one before. I bought baby powder and only used it a couple of times since every time I did use it, it only caked up on his butt and more mess than it was worth.
Never heard that one, my son has never had a problem with it in his three years of life. Do not put it on a circumcision wound as someone else said if he has had one. So many wives tales, I'll tell ya. You would imagine that they would have said it would affect girls instead of boys when they were making that one up, it would make more sense. I am not a doctor and feel you should always consult yours but I believe that you have been miss-led.
I have two sons and I have never heard that. But I don't recommend powder for the diaper area. I use A%26amp;D ointment (original (yellow) formula) with every diaper change. It keeps their sensitive skin protected. Also powder makes poopy butts harder to wipe. A%26amp;D makes things much easier. Even the hospital uses A%26amp;D for newborns' diaper area(in PA, anyhow). Hope this helps.


p.s. I'm not against baby powder. I use it for little toes and in the neck area to help keep the skin dry and fresh! Do use the baby powder made from pure cornstarch.
Never heard that. I always make sure I clean all the powder off mine's winky real good though. I know it can get stuck in the skin %26amp; needs to be gotten out.
THAT'S FINE, JUST AS LONG AT EACH DIAPER CHANGE THAT YOU CLEAN HIS PENIS WELL BY PULLING BACK THE SKIN , DON'T TO FORGET TO PULL IT BACK FORWARD AFTER EACH CLEANING.
Yes its true i lost my left nut because of it ha ha ha laugh all ya want because my right one is huge.
No. This will not affect boys. Even then better consult with GP with the powder which you are going to use and they may assist you
I have been using it on my son since he was three months old and he is fine. The only thing is that you don't allow him to inhale it because it can cause lung damage. They do have the roll on kind. I bought some and didn't like it.
I have 2 boys. I is 6 and the other is 2 1/2. I used powder with them and it didn't hurt that part. I have read that it can cause respiratory problems.
No it is not true. However, it is not recommended to use baby powder with talc because the talc can get into their lungs and irritate them causing breathing problems. Steer clear of the powder.
i powder my testicles daily and am fine. should be OK as long as circumcision is healed
I read that powder has been found in baby girl's ovaries. I've never heard anything about boys, but I would never use powder on a baby's or even on my private parts! Just sprinkle a little into the creases of your babies groin, avoiding the penis
HI there,


Well baby powder is not harmful to a boy but the only thing it can be harmful for is the child's breathing, so they have come up with lotion powder and it works the same.


I would not use powder on your baby until he is at least 6-8 months old like I did and my son is 13 months old and he is fine.





X
If that was true there would be some sort of warning on the product.
Not true. But you shouldn't use too much powder, no matter if it's on a boy or a girl...definitely never enough that it will ';cake'; on the baby's bottom when it gets wet. Also, don't use the baby powder that has talc as it's primary ingredient. Studies have shown that inhaling the dust of talc can cause lung issues.
Not that I know of.
I've never heard that it will harm the boy's penis. Now you do have to be careful not to use an abundance of powder as this will increase the chance of rashes and really doesn't help that much. A good cream for diaper rash is better. But, as always, I would recommend that you speak to your doctor about any concerns you may have.
never heard that one, ask your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment